Documentary Heritage Program Grants
The Documentary Heritage Program (DHP) is a statewide program established by law to provide financial support and guidance to not-for-profit organizations that hold, collect and make available New York's historical records. Funding is available to support projects that relate to groups and topics traditionally under-represented in New York’s historical record. The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) 2014-2015 appropriation for DHP includes $92,000 for DHP Grants. DHP Grant Project Types are Documentation and Arrangement & Description. DHP is administered by the New York State Archives, a unit of the New York State Education Department.
For further information about the DHP program, including an explanation of DHP’s Priorities, visit the Documentary Heritage Program (DHP) information page.
2014-2015 DHP Grant deadline is Monday, March 3, 2014
2014-2015 DHP Application Forms
- Application Checklist
- Application Cover Sheet
- Payee Information Form
- Application Narrative Form
- Cost Sharing Form
- Project Budget Narratives and Worksheets
- FS-10 Proposed Budget Form
Prequalification requirement for all grant applicants
New York State has implemented a new statewide prequalification requirement for not-for-profits applying for grants. In order to be eligible to apply, all grant applicants (including DHP grant applicants) are required to prequalify using the New York State Grants Gateway. The prequalification registration process requests information about an organization’s capacity, legal compliance, and integrity. This process may take up to a few weeks to complete, so it is advisable to begin the prequalification registration process immediately if you are considering applying for a 2014-2015 DHP Grant.
- Grant Application Workshops – are especially helpful for first-time
applicants. Check the Documentary Heritage Program workshops link
for information on DHP workshop offerings in your region.
- Grantwriting Tip Sheets - are helpful for those who can’t make it to a Workshop, for first-time applicants, and as a refresher for more experienced grant writers.
- Documentary Heritage Program publications. Visit the Managing Records
section of the Publications list to obtain a PDF or print copy of DHP publications.
- Documentary Heritage Program Grants Officer - can provide advice on developing a grant project and submitting an application - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: (518) 474-6926.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Forms needed by current grant recipients:
FS-10 (budget), FS-25 (interim report), FS-10A (budget amendment), or FS-10F (final fiscal report)
Projects Previously Funded
- Current year grant awards: 2014-2015