Documentary Heritage Program Grants
The Documentary Heritage Program (DHP) is a statewide program established by law to provide financial support and guidance to not-for-profit organizations that hold, collect and make available New York's historical records. Funding is available to support projects that relate to groups and topics traditionally under-represented in New York’s historical record. The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) 2015-2016 appropriation for DHP includes $92,000 for DHP Grants. DHP Grant Project Types are Documentation and Arrangement & Description. DHP is administered by the New York State Archives, a unit of the New York State Education Department.
For further information about the DHP program, including an explanation of DHP’s Priorities, visit the Documentary Heritage Program (DHP) information page.
2015-2016 DHP Grant Program
Prequalification requirement for all grant applicants
New York State has implemented a statewide prequalification requirement for not-for-profits applying for grants. In order to be eligible to apply, all grant applicants are required to prequalify using the New York State Grants Gateway. This one-time prequalification registration process requests information about an organization’s capacity, legal compliance, and integrity. This process may take up to a few weeks to complete. If you have not already done so, begin the prequalification registration process immediately if you are considering applying for a 2015-2016 DHP Grant.
2015-2016 DHP Grant deadline is Friday, April 24, 2015.
2015-2016 DHP Application Forms
- Application Checklist
- Application Cover Sheet
- Payee Information Form
- Application Narrative Form
- Cost Sharing Form
- Project Budget Narratives and Worksheets
- FS-10 Proposed Budget Form
- Grant Application Workshops – are especially helpful for first-time
applicants. Check the Documentary Heritage Program workshops link
for information on DHP workshop offerings in your region.
- Grantwriting Tip Sheets - are helpful for those who can’t make it to a Workshop, for first-time applicants, and as a refresher for more experienced grant writers.
- Documentary Heritage Program publications. Visit the Managing Records
section of the Publications list to obtain a PDF or print copy of DHP publications.
- Documentary Heritage Program Grants Officer - can provide advice on developing a grant project and submitting an application - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: (518) 474-6926.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Forms needed by current grant recipients:
FS-10 (budget), FS-25 (interim report), FS-10A (budget amendment), or FS-10F (final fiscal report)
Projects Previously Funded
- Current year grant awards: 2014-2015