Documentary Heritage Program Grants
The Documentary Heritage Program (DHP) is a statewide program established by law to provide financial support and guidance to not-for-profit organizations that hold, collect and make available New York's historical records. Funding is available to support sound archival administration, and for projects that relate to groups and topics traditionally under-represented in New York’s historical record. The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) 2013-2014 appropriation for DHP is $461,000. This includes $369,000 for regional services and $92,000 for DHP Grants. DHP Grant Project Types include: Documentation and Arrangement & Description. DHP is administered by the New York State Archives, a unit of the New York State Education Department.
For further information about the DHP program, including an explanation of DHP’s Priorities and a description of DHP Regional Services, visit the Documentary Heritage Program (DHP) information page.
Grant Application Guidelines and Forms 2013-2014Grant applications are due March 1, 2013
- Application Checklist
- Application Cover Sheet
- Payee Information Form
- Application Narrative Form
- Cost Sharing Form
- Project Budget Narratives and Worksheets
- FS-10 Proposed Budget Form
- Grant Application Workshops – are especially helpful for first-time
applicants. Check the Documentary Heritage Program workshops link
for information on DHP workshop offerings in your region.
- Grantwriting Tip Sheets - are helpful for those who can’t make it to a Workshop, for first-time applicants, and as a refresher for more experienced grant writers.
- Documentary Heritage Program publications. Visit the Managing Records
section of the Publications list to obtain a PDF or print copy of DHP publications.
- Documentary Heritage Program Grants Officer - can provide advice on developing a grant project and submitting an application - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: (518) 474-6926.
Forms needed by current grant recipients:
FS-10 (budget), FS-25 (interim report), FS-10A (budget amendment), or FS-10F (final fiscal report)
Projects Previously Funded
- Current year grant awards: 2012-2013