Newsletter: January 2010
Welcome to the January 2010 State Agency RMO newsletter!
In this issue:
- Spring Workshop Schedule
- Archived State Government Websites
Spring Workshop Schedule – Save the Dates!
While they’re not yet open for registration, the Archives has set its spring workshop schedule for state agencies, so mark your calendars and watch this space!
- February 9th - Your Role as RMO
- March 11th – Developing Records Management Policies and Procedures
- April 14th – E-Records Inventory (NEW!)
- April 20th – How to Use the State Records Center
- May 25th – Electronic Document Imaging
Archived State Government Websites
The State Archives and the State Library are pleased to provide access to archived copies of State government Websites that are no longer available on the live Web:
- Websites of former Governors George E. Pataki and Eliot L. Spitzer
- Websites documenting other former elected officials
- Websites of State government bodies that no longer exist
Websites have become part of the “public face” of State government: elected officials, executive branch agencies, and other bodies use the Web to disseminate information and conduct business with citizens. The Archives periodically captures New York State government sites to ensure that older information remains accessible to the public.
When you visit these archived sites, keep in mind that some types of site content cannot be archived properly:
- External hyperlinks (links to content on sites other than that the archived site). Information that can be accessed only after you complete a form
- Most audiovisual materials
That’s it for this month! Remember that we want to hear from you. State Agency Services is here to help make your job easier by answering questions, doing site visits, and providing training.