Records Relating to World War I
Table of Contents
Visit the Guides to Historical Records section of the Publications area to obtain a HTML accessible format or print copy of this publication.
- Messages from President Woodrow Wilson and Governor Charles S. Whitman
- Military Service Records
- B0808. Abstracts of World War I Military Service
- 13721. Abstracts of National Guard Service in World War I
- B0814. Muster Rolls of New York National Guard Units that Served in the United States Army During World War I
- 13726. National Guard Muster Rolls, 1878-1954
- B1357. World War I Veterans Bonus Cards, ca. 1920-1937
- State Council of Defence Agency History
- State Council of Defense Records Series
- A4234. Correspondence Files, 1917-1918.
- A4242. Administrative and Correspondence Files, 1917-1918.
- A4241. Subject Correspondence Files, 1917-1918.
- A4240. Correspondence with State Agencies, 1917-1918
- A4235. Correspondence of County Home Defense Committees, 1917-1918.
- A4237. Correspondence with Council of National Defense, 1917-1918.
- A4239. United States Public Service Reserve Correspondence Files, 1917-1918.
- Division of Health and Hospitals
- Additional State Agency Records
- Commission on Acquisition of Land for Public Defense at Rockaway
- Education Department --- Division of Archives and History
- A3166. Working Files for a Publication on New York in World War I, 1917-1925
- Education Department
--- Division of Archives and History
A0412. World War I Veterans' Service Data and Photographs, 1917-1938 (bulk 1919-1924)
- Education Department ---
Division of Archives and History
A3167. Historical Research Working Files, 1795-1945.
- Education Department --- Commissioner's Office
- Education Department --- Division of Agricultural and Industrial Education
- Military Training Commission
- Department of State --- Bureau of Miscellaneous Records
- Appendix A --- List of Series by Series Number
- Appendix B --- List of Series Available
Remembering World War I
Remembering World War I is a web exhibit that contains digital copies of more than 350 historical records from the New York State Archives that pertain to U.S. involvement in World War I. Includes a "Build Your Own Worksheet" option for teachers.
Records in the State Archives may be used at the Archives' research room. Certain record series have been microfilmed by the State Archives, and the film may be borrowed on inter-library loan or purchased. For further information please contact Research Assistance.