Jewish History Resources
- Cyndi's List
- Family Search, the Internet Genealogy Service provided by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Jewish Genealogical Society, Inc.
- Jewish Genealogical Society of Rochester, N.Y.
- Jewish Gen: The Home of Jewish Genealogy
- International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies
- New York GenWeb Project
Publications Specific to Jewish Genealogy and History
There are a number of publications available to Jewish genealogists ranging from instructional guides to detailed collection descriptions. Avotaynu, Inc. is the leading publisher of information and products pertaining to Jewish genealogy. Researchers should also consult Jewish historical organizations such as YIVO and the Leo Baeck Institute for information on publications specific to a country or region of origin. The following brief list is an introduction to the type of publications available to genealogists.
- Frenkel Mailing Service, American Jewish Organizations Directory (New York: 1987)
- Irene Saunders Goldstein, ed. Jewish Genealogy Beginner's Guide (Washington DC: Jewish Genealogical Society of Greater Washington, 1991).
- Alexandra Korros and Jonathan D. Sarna, American Synagogue History: A Bibliography and State of the Field Survey (New York: Marcus Weiner Publishing, Inc., 1988).
- Arthur Kurzweil, From Generation to Generation: How to Trace Your Jewish Genealogy and Personal History (New York: 1994).
- Estelle M. Guzik, Genealogical Resources in the New York Metropolitan Area (New York: Jewish Genealogical Society, 1989).
- Kerry M. Olitzky, The American Synagogue: A Historical Dictionary and Source Book (Connecticut: Greenwood Press, 1996).
- Dan Rottenberg. Finding Our Fathers: A Guidebook to Jewish Genealogy (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1995).
- Miriam Weiner, Jewish Roots In Poland: Pages From The Past and Archival Inventories (YIVO and the Miriam Weiner Routes To Roots Foundation, Inc: 1997).
General Genealogy Sources
- Elizabeth Petty Bentley, comp., The Genealogist's Address Book, 3d ed. (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1995).
- Everton's Genealogical Helper, a bimonthly periodical (Utah: Everton Publishers, 1992).
- Heritage Quest, a bimonthly periodical (Washington: Heritage Quest International Genealogy Forum, c. 1985-Present).