Email Management for SUNY Staff: RM Webinar
Date: August 9, 2012 (Thursday)
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Registration closed August 7 (Tuesday) at noon
Share your connection to the webinar with a co-worker or a group! We can make room for more registrants if you do this. Please email ARCHTRAIN@mail.nysed.gov to tell us the size of your group that is sharing one webinar login connection.
This is a fun and practical webinar on managing email from a records management perspective. We will go beyond the theoretical and provide very clear direction that everyone can use. Who can live without email? Not many of us! But there are some key principles that one can apply to email that will help you and your colleagues better manage this valuable digital asset.
- Simple method to classify emails (record from non-record, attachments vs. emails, and more)
- Identify retention periods for emails that are records
- Variety of plans to file, maintain and preserve email records
- Security and access issues
- Developing email management policies and procedures
This webinar is only for SUNY staff located in Western NY. Anyone with responsibility for SUNY records is encouraged to attend, such as records coordinators and liaisons, information technology staff, and those on campus interested in records management and archives.
- A computer with a high speed Internet connection
- Speakers or headphones for sound
- The most current version of Java at <see http://www.java.com>