PLN 201: Disaster Planning & Response Workshop
Disasters are all too common in New York State. Each year, records are damaged and information is lost as a result of floods, arson, fires, collapsed roofs, or computer viruses. Participants will complete, as part of the workshop, a draft disaster plan that can become the outline of a final plan focused on the protection of their organization's permanent and vital records. This workshop is usually offered in the spring.
- Workshop workbook (PDF) - read and print this file before the workshop
#42 Guidelines for Off-Site Storage of Inactive Local Government Records
#49 Administration of Inactive Records
#82 Preparing for the Worst: Managing Records Disasters
- Electronic Records Disaster Preparedness and Recovery
- Remediation of Mold on Paper Records
- Services and Funding Available for Flood-damaged Records
- Applying for Disaster Assistance from FEMA: Information for Governments
- Sources of Assistance for Non-Profit Organizations
- Using a Data Storage Vendor
Check our schedule first. To request this workshop at another time, please contact the training unit at ARCHTRAIN@mail.nysed.gov.