REP 201: Document Scanning Essentials Workshop
Although imaging systems can store and quickly retrieve a large volume of documents, they can rarely be justified on that basis alone. This workshop helps state agencies and local governments to understand imaging technology in order to make optimal use of this technology in managing their records. This workshop is typically offered in the spring.
- Workshop workbook (PDF) - read and print this file before the workshop
Other web resources
- § 185.7 Replacing original records with microforms or electronic images (local governments)
- § 185.8 Retention and preservation of electronic records (local governments)
- § 188.20 Retention and preservation of electronic records (state agencies)
- Digitizing Your Historical Photographs workshop - ideal for historians and RMO's learning to scan historical photos, postcards, and other images
- Managing Electronic Records
- Preservation of Electronic Records
- Providing Access to Your Records
To register, check our schedule first. To request that we offer this workshop at another time, please contact the training unit at ARCHTRAIN@mail.nysed.gov.