REP 102: Microfilming and Imaging: Using Both Effectively Workshop
This workshop will provide an overview of microfilming, imaging, and project management. Topics will include an introduction to microfilming and imaging, choosing the right technology, standards for microfilm and digital images, steps to a successful project, and maintaining a microfilming/imaging program.
Workshop workbook (PDF) - email the Archives' training unit at ARCHTRAIN@mail.nysed.gov.
#00 Imaging Production Guidelines
#20 Guidelines for Determining if a Stand-Alone Imaging System is the Best Choice for You
#22 Guidelines for Ensuring the Long Term Accessibility and Usability of Records Stored as Digital Images
#64 Conducting Needs Assessments for New Recordkeeping Systems
#77 Managing Imaging and Micrographics Projects
- Laws and regulations relating to records
- § 185.7 Replacing original records with microforms or electronic images (local governments)
- § 185.8 Retention and preservation of electronic records (local governments)
- § 188.18 Duplicating original records on microfilm (state agencies)
- § 188.20 Retention and preservation of electronic records (state agencies)
- Storage and Preservation
- Storage and Preservation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Using Records
To register, check our schedule first. To request that we offer this workshop at another time, please contact the training unit at ARCHTRAIN@mail.nysed.gov.