PLN 101: Policies and Procedures Essentials Workshop
Many local governments and state agencies begin records management improvements with great gusto and enthusiasm, but over time they begin to lose control of their records and their systems begin to backslide. Often this is caused by a lack of policies and procedures, or a situation where these procedures are not followed. During the workshop, participants will write draft policies and procedures and discuss them as a group. The workshop will also provide participants with a sample policy manual covering all aspects of records management.
- Workshop workbook (PDF) - read and print this file before the workshop
- Sample records management policy manual for state agencies
- Sample records management policy manual for local governments
- #50 Appraisal of Local Government Records for Historical Value
- #61 Seven Attributes of an Effective Records Management Program
- #85 Developing a Policy for Managing Email (includes three sample policies)
- Records Advisory: Records Advisory Boards
To register, check our schedule first. To request that we offer this workshop at another time, please contact the training unit at ARCHTRAIN@mail.nysed.gov.