Archives Partnership Trust Upcoming Events Calendar
June 3, 2015
2015 Empire State Archives and History Award - Honoring David McCullough
The Archives Partnership Trust will present David McCullough with the 2015 Empire State Archives and History Award at a 7:30pm program on June 3, 2015. David McCullough is an American author, narrator, historian, and lecturer. He is a two-time winner of the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Award and a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom. The program will be a fascinating conversation between David McCullough and prominent Lincoln Scholar Harold Holzer. The program will be held in historic Chancellors Hall, State Education Building, Albany, NY.
2015 Empire State Archives and History Award Program
7:30 – 8:30pm
Chancellors Hall, NYS Education Building, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY (note: the entrance to Chancellors Hall is on Hawk Street at the corner of Washington Avenue and Hawk Street)
Ticket sales for the 2015 Empire State Archives and History Award Program are being handled by The Egg Box Office. You may purchase the $15 general admission tickets:
- by visiting The Egg Box Office on the Concourse Level of the Empire State Plaza (there is no “convenience fee” charged for on-site ticket purchases)
- by calling The Egg Box Office at 518-473-1845 (note: The Egg charges a flat $3.00 “convenience fee” for telephone orders)
- on-line by using this link: https://tickets.theegg.org/TheatreManager/1/online (note: The Egg charges a flat $6.00 “convenience fee” for online orders). Once on this web page, click on “Events” and scroll down to Empire State Archives and History Award on June 3rd (events are listed in date order)
VIP Reception – Reservations Required
There will be a reservations-only 6:00pm VIP Reception preceding the Award Program. Each VIP Reception ticket purchased includes a complimentary ticket to the 7:30pm Award Program at Chancellors Hall (so you will not need to purchase a ticket from The Egg Box Office if you purchase a Reception ticket.) Tickets will be held for pick up at the Reception.
6:00pm – 7:15pm
The Rotunda, 2nd Floor, NYS Education Building. The Rotunda will be accessed via Chancellors Hall, NYS Education Building, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY (note: the entrance to Chancellors Hall is on Hawk Street at the corner of Washington Avenue and Hawk Street)
- $50 for Archives Partnership Trust Members (includes a complimentary Award Program ticket)
- $75 for Non-Members (includes a complimentary Award Program ticket and a complimentary one-year Friend/Family membership – a $35 value!)
Tickets for the VIP Reception may be purchased from the Archives Partnership Trust:
- by calling 518-486-1454 (Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm)
- Archives Partnership Trust Members at: http://nysed11.mybigcommerce.com/2015-empire-state-archives-and-history-award-reception-trust-members-only/
- Non-Members at: http://nysed11.mybigcommerce.com/2015-empire-state-archives-and-history-award-reception-non-members-only/
Ticket Sales Deadline:
Reception tickets must be purchased by Wednesday, May 27, 2015.
About the Archives Partnership Trust and the Tax Deductibility of Reception Tickets Purchased
The Archives Partnership Trust is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to sustaining the excellence of the New York State Archives. A portion of the proceeds may be tax deductible within the legal limits of the law. Your receipt will acknowledge the value of the benefit received and any net tax-deductible amount. All proceeds from the event will go to support the programs of the New York State Archives and Archives Partnership Trust.
- On-street parking where allowed. Metered parking operates from 8am to 6pm.
- In the Sheridan Hollow Garage on Elk Street, where it intersects with Hawk Street. This is a short one-block distance from Chancellors Hall. Parking in the Sheridan Hollow Garage is free after 3:00pm. For a map: https://parking.ogs.ny.gov/sites/default/files/DowntownAlbanyParkingLocations-0714.pdf
For driving directions to the NYS Education Building, visit: http://www.nysed.gov/about/driving-directions
If you have questions, please contact:
Archives Partnership Trust
Cultural Education Center, Suite 9C49
Albany, NY 12230