Archives Partnership Trust Upcoming Events Calendar
2014 Researching New York State Conference
Call for Papers - Deadline July 11, 2014
The organizers of the Researching New York Conference invite proposals for presentations on any aspect of New York State history —in any time period and from any perspective. This annual conference brings together historians, archivists, public historians, graduate students, teachers, documentarians, and multimedia producers, to share their work on New York State history.
Encouraged are submissions that explore all facets of identity in New York, whether in individuals, groups, or communities, whether geographic or over time, whether political, social, or cultural.
See details and submission guidelines at http://nystatehistory.org/researchny/rsny.html
If you have any questions or comments, please contact email@example.com or call 518-442-5431
Save the Date - Family Heritage Day
October 11, 2014
10:00am - 4:30pm
Cultural Education Center (NYS Museum Building- Madison Avenue)
This event is free and open to the public.
The NYS Archives and Archives Partnership Trust along with the NYS Library and NYS Museum will present a full day of programs and activities for parents, children, families and all of those who have an interest in exploring their personal family heritage.
Here are just a few sessions you can attend throughout the day:
- Genealogy 101: Beginners
- Exploration Station for Kids
- “America Eats” Project – (1937-1942) a federal Writers’ Project collection of draft narratives and recipes about American eating habits and customs from the early 20th century.
- “New York Eats” Project - families can bring an historic or treasured family recipe to be scanned. Recipes will be added to a “Capital Region Eats” collection of recipes which will be shared with all participants
- How to Research the History of Your Home – presented by the Preservation League of NYS and Albany Historic Foundation
- Preserve and Conserve – How to preserve and protect your family photographs, documents, textiles (treasured clothing, samplers, needlepoint, etc.)
Stay tuned for more details. Join our e-mail list to ensure you get the most up-to date information.
Thank you to our Sponsors
Janney Montgomery Scott