Archives Partnership Trust Upcoming Events Calendar
Save the Date - Family Heritage Day
October 11, 2014
10:00am - 4:00pm
Cultural Education Center (NYS Museum Building- Madison Avenue)
This event is free and open to the public.
The NYS Archives and Archives Partnership Trust along with the NYS Library and NYS Museum will present a full day of programs and activities for parents, children, families and all of those who have an interest in exploring their personal family heritage.
Here are just a few sessions you can attend throughout the day:
- Genealogy 101: Beginners
- Exploration Station for Kids
- “America Eats” Project – (1937-1942) a federal Writers’ Project collection of draft narratives and recipes about American eating habits and customs from the early 20th century.
- “New York Eats” Project - families can bring an historic or treasured family recipe to be scanned. Recipes will be added to a “Capital Region Eats” collection of recipes which will be shared with all participants
- How to Research the History of Your Home – presented by the Preservation League of NYS and Albany Historic Foundation
- Preserve and Conserve – How to preserve and protect your family photographs, documents, textiles (treasured clothing, samplers, needlepoint, etc.)
- Meet Mary Beth Wanger, author of Finding Grandma: A Sentimental Journey Through 1920s Columbia County Recipes.
Her book is the unique story of a modern woman’s bittersweet search for the grandmother she never knew.
About the author: Mary Beth Wenger spent nearly three decades as a television journalist in Albany, NY and was twice nominated for a New York State Emmy Award for her feature reporting and on-camera work. Even though she covered politicians and presidents, captains of industry and the occasional celebrity, the stories she loved to cover most were about people living so-called “ordinary” lives, who were quietly doing extraordinary things with those lives.
Stay tuned for more details. Join our e-mail list to ensure you get the most up-to date information.
Thank you to our Sponsors