You are here

How do I get help with my institution's historical records?

The New York State Archives provides many services to local governments and non-governmental historical records repositories to help improve the management of their historical records. The Managing Historical Records webpage on our website provides links for resources that cover the spectrum of managing historical records, from getting started, to their identification and protection, to making them widely available.

If you are a local government or state agency, help is available from the State Archives Government Records Services. Staff in Albany and in the field are available to provide a variety of assistance. Call Archival Advisory Services at (518) 474-6926. If you are a not-for-profit historical records repository, assistance is available from the Documentary Heritage Program.

Question Category: