States' Impact on Federal Education Policy Project (SIFEPP)
While U.S. education policy is widely discussed and often well documented, the impact of states on that policy receives much less attention. In response, SIFEPP is creating a continually growing public resource on the role of states in shaping pre-K–12 federal education policy since the mid-twentieth century.
- ResearchHelpful secondary sources, including a historical overview essay, a bibliography, digitized documents related to education policy, and more
- Find RecordsTools to help find historical records related to education policy throughout the United States
- About the ProjectSIFEPP's purpose, history, methodology, products, and participants
- Contact UsQuestions, comments, or suggestions
- HelpView a site map and find a glossary of archival terms
This project is a national initiative led by the New York State Archives and funded by The New York Community Trust - Wallace Foundation Special Projects Fund.