Use these resources to begin your research into education policy:
- Historical overview essay. "Federal Education Policy and the States, 1945-2009"
- Policymakers. List of key federal legislative and administrative figures in education policy, by presidential administration, with major education initiatives and many links to related archival collections
- Conference 2008. “The States' Impact on Federal Education Policy: New Perspectives on Research and the Historical Record.” Read the proceedings, including papers and transcripts of presentations, discussions, and Q&A sessions featuring leading scholars and education policy practitioners.
- Bibliography. Introductory bibliography to federal education policy, with emphasis on the role of the states
- Digitized documents. Full text of selected laws, court decisions, reports, and other key documents. Now includes the original and all reauthorizations of the ESEA, plus dozens of other documents
- Chronology. Key developments in state and federal education policy since the 1940s
- Organizations. Links to organizations nationwide that focus on education policy, state and federal
- Key topics. Thirteen key topics within education policy
- Topical guides. Brief introductory guides to five of the central topics in state-federal education policy. Each includes a brief historical note and a selected bibliography