People from many Latin American nations have come to the United States for many different reasons.
In developing your answer, be sure to keep these general definitions in mind:
- explain means “to make plain or understandable; to give reasons for or causes of; to show the logical development or relationships of”
- describe means “to illustrate something in words or tell about it”
- evaluate means “to examine and judge the significance, worth, or condition of; to determine the value of
Be Sure To:
- develop all aspects of the task
- support the theme with relevant facts, examples, and details
- use a logical and clear plan of organization, including an introduction and a conclusion that are beyond a restatement of the theme
Write a well-organized essay on the theme above that includes an introduction, several paragraphs, and a conclusion. You should
- identify two countries in Latin America from which immigrants have come to the United States
- discuss specific conditions in each country that led to the immigration of people to the United States, and the expectations these people had for their life in America
- evaluate the extent to which their expectations were met
You may use as examples any country in Latin America. These could include Mexico, Cuba, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, or El Salvador, although you are not limited to these.