New York State Archives, NYSA_A1140-78_1829_062_p3
Broadside announcing Valuable Water Power for Sale at Waterford, NY, April 2, 1829.
1. What is being offered for sale in this broadside?
2. Why would a factory or foundry use water power?
3. What two rivers are mentioned in this broadside?
4. Name two canals mentioned in this broadside?
5. What city is "one day's travel" from Waterford?
6. How many businesses will be using the waterpower "this season?"
7. Based on the information in this broadside, how might these businesses transport the things they make to market?
8. List two ways these business people use water.
9. Are the business people happy or unhappy about the Erie Canal? Why?