Imaging, Scanning or Digitizing: Whatever you call it, how you can make your paper records accessible electronically.
Scanning paper records and making them available to the public via a content management system will increase access and allow sharing of important information. This webinar will introduce the basic principles of digital imaging.
This webinar focuses on:
- How to select records to scan
- How to plan for and carry out a successful imaging project
- Discussion of Imaging Guidelines/standards
- Determining who will do the work of records preparation, scanning, verification and project management
- Discussing the costs of scanning: in house vs a vendor
- How to establish and maintain an imaging program/system