This workshop will help you build a solid foundation for working with permanent electronic records at your college or university. After this workshop, you will be ready with goals and strategies to develop an action plan for coping with the permanent electronic records at your institution.
This workshop will discuss
- types of records that should be preserved
- legal and technical issues surrounding e-records
- standards and best practices
- multiple file formats you are likely to encounter
- tactics for developing productive partnerships within your institution
- what you need to know about disaster planning