You are here
Here are some examples of specific local government and non-governmental sites that aim to provide information about their organization's historical records:
- Albany County Hall of Records - A joint program of the County and City of Albany. The site provides information on the historical records in its collections, including the papers of the late Mayor Erastus Corning, and an index to naturalizations.
- Ontario County Department of Records, Archives, and Information Management Services - Provides online indexes to nineteenth- and twentieth century court, marriage, census, naturalization and other records, and information concerning its creation and mission, annual reports, and copies of its newsletter.
- Saratoga County Clerk Online Records Application - Provides a searchable database of the archival records maintained by the towns, villages, cities, and county government of Saratoga County. Users can view each series’ historical background, scope and content, formats, time span and any access restrictions (limits on who may use these records).
- Town of Hempstead, Town Clerk's Office (Suffolk County) - Makes available online finding aids describing fire district, school, judicial, health, and other town government records, institutional mission statement, and users’ guide.
- Town of Olive, Town Archives (Ulster County) - This relatively small town’s site provides online indexes to its archival records, digitized photographs, and other information.
- The Ulster County Archives, a program of the Ulster County Clerk's office, has series descriptions and indexes available on its website. Records indexed include early deed books and naturalization records.
- Westchester County Records and Archives Center, founded in 1985, provides indexes to cemetery, court, incorporation, miscellaneous & marriage records. Its online exhibit concerns entertainers in Westchester County during the 1920’s & 1930’s, and its educational pages highlight important issues in the county’s history.
- Warren County's Archival Program has on-line information about its archival records, including series descriptions and sample images for selected series located in the county archives. The site also includes extensive indexes to the County's map collection.
- Foundation of the New York State Nurses Association - Provides online finding aids to the records of nursing organizations and the personal papers of individual nurses, and an overview of its history and mission.
- Historic Huguenot Street - Furnishes summary listings of individual and family papers and institutional records, detailed finding aids describing the contents of selected collections, and information about archival description.