The workshop will introduce basic and general concepts of electronic records management. One of the biggest challenges facing records and office managers today is the complexity of issues surrounding the management of electronic records. The manager's goal should be to determine the most efficient way to manage electronic records so that access for their entire retention period is ensured.
This workshop will focus on:
- How to design and manage electronic recordkeeping systems of all sizes and types
- How to differentiate electronic records from non-record electronic information
- How to file and maintain access to electronic records
- How to control the retention of electronic records
- How to develop security and other management controls over electronic records
- How to preserve access to electronic records over long periods of time