Careful management of inactive records storage is critical to the success of a records management program.
This workshop will discuss:
- The importance of inactive records storage
- The basic steps involved in setting up a facility, whether in-house or off-site
- Ownership and custody of inactive records
- Equipment, supplies, and safety concerns
- Cost-benefit analysis, and space planning
- How to develop inactive records facility policies and procedures A case study approach will be used as workshop participants plan an inactive records storage facility.