With ever-changing technology and the short life expectancy of the media on which they are stored, electronic records pose a special challenge to governments' preservation. Governments' electronic records can be found not only on computer media, but also on audio tapes and videotapes.
This workshop will discuss:
- different types of electronic media
- techniques for preserving electronic records
- how to maximize longevity of electronic storage media
- how to preserve electronic media through proper storage techniques
- how to maintaining intelligible access to electronic records