The New York State Archives develops retention schedules to help local government officials efficiently dispose of records they no longer need to keep, but we sometimes feel a little uneasy about this process. This webinar will introduce the foundational principles of using state archives retention schedules.
This webinar focuses on
- How to use State Archives local government retention schedules effectively
- How to identify specific records in a schedule
- How to avoid common pitfalls using retention schedules
- How to develop office retention schedules
- How to appropriately dispose of obsolete records