Many local governments and state agencies begin records management improvements with great gusto and enthusiasm, but over time they begin to lose control of their records and their systems begin to backslide. Often this is caused by a lack of policies and procedures, or a situation where these procedures are not followed. During the workshop, participants will write draft policies and procedures and discuss them as a group. The workshop will also provide participants with a sample policy manual covering all aspects of records management.
This workshop focuses on:
- The value of documenting policies and procedures
- How to develop policies and procedures and make sure they are followed
- How to keep policies up to date and relevant
- Why to develop records management policies and procedures
- How to write records management policies and procedures
- How to develop and promote a records management policy manual