- determining what records you can legally discard through the records retention and disposition process;
- ensuring that historical records are properly preserved;
- improving how you organize, retrieve, and control records through proper files management;
- helping to determine storage needs; and
- collecting data that will help you prepare a needs assessment and records management plan to guide your program
You are here
Inventory & Inactive Records
A records inventory is defined as the process of locating, identifying and describing all records held by an organization regardless of format or whether active or inactive. Inactive records are those that are accessed infrequently, but are not yet ready for disposal.