You are here

Salaries for Professional Staff (Code 15)

Provide the specific position title, number of hours needed, hourly rate of pay, and total project salary for each staff person you propose to pay with grant funds. Include only staff who will be professional employees of your local government in this budget code.  Do not include consultants, per diem staff, or support staff.

Eligible Expenditures

Grant funding must be used only to pay staff involved with project-related activities. You may use grant funds to hire new staff or increase work hours of existing staff to carry out project-related work. If you are proposing to transfer existing staff to grant funds, justify the need and explain how these staff will be replaced in their former assignments using non-grant funds. 

Ineligible Expenditures

Note to Town Applicants 

Refer to Sections 27 and 108 of the Town Law, which prescribe procedures for changes in the town clerk's salary. If the town clerk will work on the project and receive funds from the grant in addition to his or her regular duties, the application should clearly state that the clerk will perform these grant duties separately from and beyond his or her existing duties as town clerk or RMO. If the town receives a grant, the town board should adopt a resolution designating the clerk by an appropriate title (such as “project director”) for the project work. The resolution should specify that the project duties will be performed separately from and beyond the person’s responsibilities as town clerk or Records Management Officer.
Note: If a government proposes to pay existing staff with grant funds, it should submit a letter, signed by its chief authorizing official, explaining how it proposes to replace that employee in his or her regular job duties. Submit the signed original, by the stated postmark date, and attached a copy of the letter to the application in the eGrants system.