You are here
Appendix A-1 G
- A. In the event that the Contractor shall receive, from any source whatsoever, sums the payment of which is in consideration for the same costs and services provided to the State, the monetary obligation of the State hereunder shall be reduced by an equivalent amount provided, however, that nothing contained herein shall require such reimbursement where additional similar services are provided and no duplicative payments are received.
- B. This agreement is subject to applicable Federal and State Laws and regulations and the policies and procedures stipulated in the NYS Education Department Fiscal Guidelines found at http://www.oms.nysed.gov/cafe/.
- C. Variations in each budget category not exceeding ten percent (10%) or One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) of such category, whichever is greater, may be approved by the Commissioner of Education. Any such variations shall be reflected in the final expenditure report and filed in the Office of the State Comptroller.
- D. Continuation of this contract beyond June 30, 2010 and beyond June 30th of each succeeding year, is contingent upon appropriation and availability of funds and approval by Division of the Budget and subject to approval by the Office of the State Comptroller in accordance with paragraph 3 of Appendix "A".
- A. The State may terminate this Agreement without cause by thirty (30) days prior written notice. In the event of such termination, the parties will adjust the accounts due and the Contractor will undertake no additional expenditures not already required. Upon any such termination, the parties shall endeavor in an orderly manner to wind down activities hereunder.
Safeguards for Services and Confidentiality
- A. Any copyrightable work produced pursuant to said agreement shall be the sole and exclusive property of the New York State Education Department. The material prepared under the terms of this agreement by the Contractor shall be prepared by the Contractor in a form so that it will be ready for copyright in the name of the New York State Education Department. Should the Contractor use the services of consultants or other organizations or individuals who are not regular employees of the Contractor, the Contractor and such organization or individual shall, prior to the performance of any work pursuant to this agreement, enter into a written agreement, duly executed, which shall set forth the services to be provided by such organization or individual and the consideration therefor. Such agreement shall provide that any copyrightable work produced pursuant to said agreement shall be the sole and exclusive property of the New York State Education Department and that such work shall be prepared in a form ready for copyright by the New York State Education Department. A copy of such agreement shall be provided to the State.
- B. All reports of research, studies, publications, workshops, announcements, and other activities funded as a result of this proposal will acknowledge the support provided by the State of New York.
- C. This agreement cannot be modified, amended, or otherwise changed except by a written agreement signed by all parties to this contract.
- D. No failure to assert any rights or remedies available to the State under this agreement shall be considered a waiver of such right or remedy or any other right or remedy unless such waiver is contained in a writing signed by the party alleged to have waived its right or remedy.
- E. Expenses for travel, lodging, and subsistence shall be reimbursed in accordance with the policies stipulated in the aforementioned Fiscal guidelines.
- F. No fees shall be charged by the Contractor for training provided under this agreement.
- G. Nothing herein shall require the State to adopt the curriculum developed pursuant to this agreement.
- H. All inquiries, requests, and notifications regarding this agreement shall be directed to the Program Contact or Fiscal Contact shown on the Grant Award included as part of this agreement.
- I. This agreement, including all appendices, is, upon signature of the parties and the approval of the Attorney General and the State Comptroller, a legally enforceable contract. Therefore, a signature on behalf of the Contractor will bind the Contractor to all the terms and conditions stated therein.
- J. The parties to this agreement intend the foregoing writing to be the final, complete, and exclusive expression of all the terms of their agreement.