You are here
- If you are with a state agency, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are with a local government (including a school district), contact your Records Advisory Officer (RAO).
- If you are a non-governmental repository, contact the Documentary Heritage Program at email@example.com.
The State Archives bills state agencies for records management services and for storage of records at the State Records Center. This is authorized by Section 57.05(11) of the Arts and Cultural Affairs Law and 8 NYCRR Part 188. Annually, the Archives sends out invoices to state agencies.
Workshops, Training and Publications
- Workshops for agency records management officers and other staff. Please visit the Archives workshops page to see what sessions are being offered this season.
- Customized, onsite training. To request customized training close to you, email the Training Administration Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Publications and topical guides providing in-depth material on various records management topics.
Records Retention Scheduling and Appraisal
- Developing records retention and disposition schedules in partnership with New York's state agencies and local governments
- Providing online access to the State General Schedule and local government records schedules
- Conducting appraisals of state agency and local government records to determine which have enduring research and historical value. These appraisal decisions are reflected in the retention schedules
Inactive Records Storage
State Wastepaper Recycling Contract
The State Archives, through the State Records Center, administers the State Wastepaper contract. This contract offers free and confidential paper records destruction for state agencies and local governments. Through this contract state agencies and local governments can use the services of a designated paper recycler for secure and environmentally acceptable disposal and recycling of bulk quantities of obsolete paper records.
For more information on using the contract contact the State Records Center, email@example.com
Archival Records Transfer
- Consult the Procedures for Transferring Archival Records to the New York State Archives and Guidelines for Developing Transfer/Container Lists.
- Contact the Accessioning Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing Records During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic state agencies and local governments continued to provide essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic, often in new and innovative ways. To assist state agencies and local governments in meeting their records management responsibilities we developed a set of guidelines for managing records during the pandemic and for documenting the government COVID-19 response.