Although imaging systems can store and quickly retrieve a large volume of documents, they can rarely be justified on that basis alone. To make optimal use of this technology, state agencies and local governments must first understand imaging technology.
This workshop will cover:
- How document imaging systems work
- How to plan for and implement a new imaging system
- How to maintain access to images that must be retained for extended periods
- How to ensure that image files will be admissible in a court of law
- How to estimate costs of acquiring and maintaining imaging systems