Many governments have inventoried their paper records. For a number of reasons, however, governments tend not to inventory their electronic records. As the volume of electronic records continues to grow, it is increasingly important for governments to know their electronic records and develop a plan for managing them systematically. This workshop will provide an overview on how to conduct an electronic records inventory and the action steps to take when the inventory is complete.
Topics will include:
- Reasons to conduct an e-records inventory
- Identifying records to inventory
- Collecting meaningful inventory data
- Analyzing the results of the inventory
- Developing an e-records plan and program