You are here

Email Preservation and Transfer

Approximately 95% of New York’s government records, spread throughout its local governments and State agencies, are scheduled for eventual destruction.  What about the other 5% whose business, research, or historical value require that they remain accessible forever?  And, more specifically, what about the emails that fall within this category?

 During this webinar, we will discuss emails as permanent records, the challenges of maintaining access to them, and differing roles of local governments and State agencies in the preservation process.  We’ll also talk about how the State Archives manages the emails in its collections to ensure that they will remain available for future researchers and business users. 

Workshop Type: Webinar
Intended Audience: Local Governments, State Agencies
Workshop Topic: Electronic Records, Email, Historical Records

For more information on this workshop, please contact us at