Many state and local government entities in New York State engage the public through social media, but few of those properly manage the records created on social media platforms. This webinar will demonstrate how social media content can be a government record and provide guidance on using social media effectively. A major focus of the webinar will be how to capture and preserve social media records to ensure the retention of the records for the full extent of their retention periods.
Topics covered by this webinar will include:
- Managing social media content as official records
- Assessing the risks of engaging in social media
- Developing a social media plan
- Writing social media policies
- Retaining and preserving social media records