The law has a great impact on records. It influences how we manage them, access them, secure them, and how long we keep them. This course will explore how statutory laws and court decisions affect records management programs and the importance of a good records management program in protecting your organization during law suits.
This workshop will:
- Explain the legal requirements of a records management program;
- Review federal and state laws that greatly impact records management
- Review court cases that affect records management;
- Explain how the legal discovery process works;
- Explain the consequences of not preserving records; and
- Provide practical steps for going forward.