The New York State Records Center (SRC), operated by the New York State Archives, provides efficient, low-cost, inactive records storage and retrieval for New York State agencies. This workshop is intended to provide agencies with further information on how the SRC operates and how they may utilize its services.
This workshop will:
- Provide step-by-step instructions for transferring paper records, microfilm, and computer media to the SRC
- Demonstrate how to prepare records for transfer to the SRC
- Discuss how to gain access to records stored at the SRC
- Review records disposition and destruction at the SRC
- Provide an overview of the billing process and recent changes in billing
- Review changes in records center policies and procedures