By State Education Department regulations, each state agency must have a Records Management Officer (RMO) who is responsible for managing its records management program. This session looks at the role and responsibilities of the RMO.
This workshop will:
- Identify the challenges and responsibilities of the RMO
- Review steps for getting started as an RMO
- Discuss the agency partnerships necessary for the implementation of a successful records management program
- Discuss the importance of partnership with the State Archives
- Provide tips for setting records management goals