Local governments and state agencies rely on email to share information, in a myriad of ways, as a part of regular business. For example, to:
- Authorize specific actions
- Disseminate policies and procedures
- Approve payments
- Interpret terms of contracts
- Correspond with the public, customers, or constituents
- Communicate with staff
- Circulate memoranda related to official business
- Discuss work schedules and assignments
- Share agendas and minutes of meetings
- Issue final reports or recommendations
Email used for business must be managed as a record and it should be included in an organization’s overall records management policy. Effective management relies on policies such as those that promote end user cooperation, system automation, retention, and disposition. This webinar will present some practical approaches to managing email with related policies, and procedures to help implement them.
Registration for this webinar will close at 4 PM on the business day prior to the session. All webinars are recorded for future viewing.