State Wastepaper Recycling Contract
Under the terms of a contract the State Archives administers through the State Records Center, state agencies and local governments (including school and fire districts and special entities) can use the services of a designated paper recycler for secure and environmentally acceptable disposal and recycling of bulk quantities of obsolete paper records. The contractor for 2023-2028 is
Confidata/Empire Recycling Corp.
64 North Genesee St.
Utica, NY 13503
(315) 797-4733 or (800) 627-4733
Contract No. X014872
For state agencies and local governments wanting to secure handling and shredding of obsolete paper records directly from their offices there are several options:
- Records located within the 25-mile radius of the Capital District and or Utica destruction location will be picked up by the vendor at no cost. Pickup costs for locations outside these regions is determined by the vendor.
- Smaller quantities can be delivered to the State Records Center.
- Smaller quantities can be delivered or shipped to the vendor in Utica (Drop off hours are Monday-Friday 9 AM - 2 PM).
- Smaller quantities can also be delivered to designated pickup locations throughout the state. Contact the State Records Center, email@example.com, for more details.
Making the Best Use of the Contract Services
The purpose of the service is to destroy and recycle paper records. The contract specifically excludes non‐paper records material, such as wastebasket refuse, books, periodicals, magazines, newspapers, typewriter or printer ribbons, carbon paper, plastic or vinyl ID cards, licenses, stickers, computer tapes, diskettes, cassettes, microfilm, microfiche, and other non‐paper materials.
Destruction of microfilm, computer tapes and disks, video tapes and other magnetic media are not covered under this contract. Contact the State Records Center, firstname.lastname@example.org, for a list of vendors.
Remove all non‐recyclable contaminants from records you want recycled, including hanging file folders and frames, all types of binders, and metal prong fasteners. You can include small quantities of rubber bands, paper clips, staples, and clear tape.
To help the State Records Center monitor contract performance, please send a receipt for each pickup made during the month to the State Records Center, Building 21, State Office Building Campus, Albany NY 12226, by the 15th of the following month.
All records destroyed under the provisions of this contract must be covered by approved State Archives retention and disposition schedules.